44


Friends, I turn 44 years old today on April 20th. 

It feels good.

I am happy with how my life looks today. My family is thriving, we are all healthy. For the last two years I have secretly wanted to stop time, wanting my kids to not grow older. We are beyond the small child rearing years, our own parents are still healthy and my husband and I have time to find each other again. My oldest son has however only one more year of High School and then he will fly off and begin his life away from my own. I feel the thread is getting thinner though I hope it will always be there in some form. If you have time, check out this beautiful you tube video about the connections we seek and the connections we have with our children. It makes me cry every time I see it. 







It was a sunny day today, but with cold wind. Nature seems anyway to be waking up, we found this small caterpillar on the snow today. The rest of Easter has been a little dreary I will admit. It rained most days, and snowed during the evening. I just hope the worst of the snow is over and that it is only the melting that is left. I cannot wait for my daily walks to be in the forest again. I miss walking among the trees, taking in every detail and sound, but at the same time mostly absorbing the silence. I have discovered my need for silence in the recent weeks. Not the absolute silence of an empty room, but the silence of wind passing through the trees and the birds singing as they welcome the morning. 

Yesterday I heard the whopper swans. They are back after a long winter down south. The trumpet-like sounds "whoop-whoop" fill me with hope and renewal. Spring is here.




I have of course been reading. I am onto the fifth book of "Throne of Glass" and cause I am reading this series together with a friend, I need to take small breaks when I am done with a book, while she catches up. It is such a joy to talk about a book with someone else, to wonder and discuss what is going on and what might happen next. It is my first time doing this, but I understand now why book clubs and read-a-long are so popular. 

So while I wait to start "Queen of shadows", I re-read "Kniven i ilden" within two days,  and have just started "Vestersand" which is the follow up and my birthday present . I recommend these books in my last post.

That is all I have for today. I don't really have a plan when I sit down and write. I have a look at the photos I have taken recently, sort out my thoughts and then just write. Though this might sound like a boring cliche, my mind is so much more at ease since leaving social media. I am using my phone less and less, though I take it with me so I can snap photos. Though I do miss keeping in touch with most of you, I think I have found what works best for me for the moment. A platform that offers no distractions. 

Hope your Easter was a good one. Last day of holidays tomorrow and then it is back to work and school. 

"Aging is just another word for living"
~ Cindy Joseph

Comments

  1. That's how I post too, I go from photos I have taken. I'm trying to get better at taking more photos! I love everything you wrote here. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment