Sunday glimmers
Glimmers: tiny moments of joy—fleeting, everyday moments that bring a rush of happiness, gratitude, calm, peace and safety.
I love this so much.
I thought it would be nice to share some of my glimmers with you once in a while. So here come a few from my Sunday.
Our old husky dog basking in the winter sun. She turns 11 in a couple of weeks.
A bunch of hand-me-down clothes from a neighbor, for my daughter. With three older brothers, there are not many clothes left for her after three boys has gone through them.
Gudrun, my sourdough starter. She will turn 11 this year. I love baking with her so much. And she is so resilient, hasn’t died on me once in the last 10 years.
The glittering snow after a storm filled night. If you look carefully you can see tiny star shaped snow crystals.
And now we need to get ready for a new week. It looks like it is going to be a busy one but I am going to try to pause and find glimmers. They are after all what our lives are made of, every day moments.
How we spend our days,
is of course,
how we spend our lives.
~ Annie Dillard




Comments
Post a Comment