spring is here (I mean it this time)
| The big meltdown is happening |
| herbs to put outside in a few weeks |
I also became inspired to plant some seeds. It is truly late to start most plants but I put in the soil some carrots (in milk cartons), kale, chamomile and sweet peas. I also bought some herb pots from the supermarket. Usually these herbs are used for cooking, you can just cut them and use in different dishes, but if you separate the herbs into several pots I found out I can have many herbs ready to put outside in a few weeks. The pots with herbs are usually overcrowded and do not last long if just put by the window sil. Now I have basil, thyme, mynt, oregano and cilantro/coriander.
| rainbow of diversity |
I have been little inspired in the kitchen lately but we have been eating a lot of raw veggies. I have been making an effort of eating as many different fruits and veggies as possible. I read the book Gut a few weeks ago and have been fascinated by the palpable connection between our digestive flora and our well being. I like the way science is finally uncovering that it is not about diets or not eating this or that, but it is truly about the diversity of food you eat. We should be eating between 20 and 30 different fruits and greens a week including legumes. It has been a fascinating process for me to find out what a low diversity of food we were eating and how easily I could boost our intake by including fruit and veg in all meals. I guess we truly are what we eat aren't we.
I have been otherwise in a great creative mood. I have picked up my fleece again and I am close to being done with the processing so I can start making rolags and spinning. I have also been working on my Sprang as I showed you this last week and I am working on the Skolt Sami warp weighed loom project with my local handwork guild. I have been feeling full of energy and will admit to still not be opening the news and just keeping to this simple blog when I feel like sharing a little bit of my days.
Hope you carve moments this week to do things that bring you joy.
"Once upon a time..... there was
the simple understanding that
to sing at dawn and to sing at dusk
was to heal the world through joy.
The birds still remember
what we have forgotten,
that the world is meant to be celebrated"
~Terry Tempest Williams
Comments
Post a Comment