june
| my favorite summer t-shirt: bloom where you are planted |
Happy June friends! Today is the very first day with summer temperatures we have had, I am sitting outside on my porch in shorts and tank top and it feels great. Summer is not truly here yet of course, but if feels so nice to get a preview. The mosquitoes have of course made their grand entrance and my walks in the forest are not going to be as pleasant as before during the warm and still days.
Tomorrow I will spend some time in the garden planting my kale, yellow onions, salad and some swish chard and sweet peas. Next week I hope to put the potatoes in the ground. I could plant them now already but the weeds would take over before they are big enough to poke through the ground so I am preplanting them in some trays so they get a little bit of a jump start before they go outside. I planted some lavender too and the rhubarb is thriving, we are eating it for breakfast most mornings.
I have of course been reading as well, I am right now "tandem reading" books number 6 and 7 of Throne of glass. This means I am reading both books at the same time, some chapters at a time from each book.
There is a list online made by what I can assume is a true fan of fantasy with what chapters one should read from each book and in what order. One truly does weird things when reading fantasy books. I am have never read books like this before and it is an interesting experience to say the least.
The chicken have been laying eggs like crazy. We have 16 chicken, not all young but we do get between 5 and 10 eggs every day. I am trying to be creative with egg recipes, let me know if you have any good ones!
Life is otherwise finally slowing down a little bit after a hectic spring. My work load is getting lighter now that summer is approaching, gymnastics and karate training for my kids is soon to take summer break and with only two more weeks left of school it will be nice to glide into summer mode. No more lunch boxes to pack, I cannot wait! We are planning on travelling south to my in laws for a few weeks in July. Take a road trip through Finland and Sweden as we did a couple of years ago.
Let me know what are your plans for the summer and if you are smoothly moving toward slower days.
Take care and choose joy friends.
"Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day,
listening to the murmur of the water,
or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time"
~John Lubbock
Comments
Post a Comment